Effective starting May 25, 2018 (see previous versions)
At Sproose*, we want to be completely open and transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you.
Sproose, “we” and “us” refers to Sproose Innovation Ltd. is a company registered in Ireland (company number: 562179) with an address of Unit 23, Guinness Enterprise Center, Dublin 8. We offer a range of services, but primarily our booking platform (web and mobile applications) for dry cleaning, laundry and other services. We refer to all these products, together with our other services, websites and mobile apps as “The Sproose Platform” in this policy.
This policy also explains your choices about how we use information about you. Your choices include how you can object to certain uses of information about you and how you can access and update certain information about you. If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use The Sproose Platform or interact with any other aspect of our business.
Data we collect about you
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use The Sproose Platform, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
Data you provide to us
We collect information about you when you use The Sproose Platform or otherwise provide it directly to us.
Registration & Account Info
We collect information about you when you create or modify an account. For example; you provide your contact information when you register for The Sproose Platform and information when you book a collection.
- First Name, Last Name
- Email Address
- Password (this is encrypted)
- Contact Number
- You’re indication of acceptance to our T&C’s
We collect information about the collection/delivery locations you enter and service providers you choose.
- Service Provider(s)
- Country (based on Service Provider information)
- Collection / Delivery Address / Company (this may be a home or work address)
- Card brand
- Last 4 card digits
- Pickup & Delivery Times
- Order notes to the provider
We do not keep any sensitive information regarding your credit cards on our servers. All payments are made through secure & trusted third parties such as Stripe.
Feedback & Customer Support Info
- In-app customer support chats (mobile and web)
- Email correspondence
- Messages posted on our social channels
- We collect information about your preference to receive marketing info when you subscribe or unsubscribe.
Data we collect automatically
We collect the following information about you when you use The Sproose Platform. This includes personal information and usage information. We collect this information both directly and by using third party software such as Intercom, which is a customer communication platform.
Information we collect directly:
- Service usage and activity data (such as products purchased, order count, booking times etc…);
- Account & login information (created, updated, deleted times & dates);
- Platform information (iOS, Android, Web);
Standard data tracked using third party software
- Name (a person’s full name).
- Email (user’s or lead’s email address).
- Phone number (a user or lead’s phone number).
- Web sessions (the number of times a user has visited our site or app).
- Last seen (the last day a user visited your site or app).
- First seen (the first day a user visited your site or app).
- Signed up (the day a user first signed up for your product).
- City and country (calculated by the lead or user’s IP address location).
- Last contacted (the date you or a teammate last contacted a user).
- Last heard from (the last day a user contacted you via message or email).
- Last opened email (the date your user most recently opened an email).
- Last clicked on link in email (the date your user most recently clicked on a link in an email).
- Twitter followers (the number of Twitter followers a user has).
- Unsubscribed from emails (when a user unsubscribes from an email from your team).
- Tag (a group a person belongs to, based on a tag you’ve applied to them).
- OS (the operating system a person is using).
- Browser language (the language set by the browser a person is using).
- Browser version (the precise version of the browser a person is using).
- Language override (a preferred language setting for a person).
- Messages, comments and conversations in Intercom.
- Social profiles (publicly available information from Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Linkedin, such as profile photos). Note: Intercom use a third party service called FullContact to enrich the user profile view. Given a user’s email address, FullContact will return publicly available social profiles.
This is a non-exhaustive list.
How we use your data
We will always make our best efforts to be open and transparent about how we use your data. Primarily, we will use your data for the following purposes:
- It will enable you to access The Sproose Platform and to place an order with a Service Provider
- To contact you if required in connection with an order you’ve placed on The Sproose Platform (customer support). We may contact you via email, call, letter or in-app chat.
- To contact you to provide feedback in relation to The Sproose Platform or the services provided by your chosen provider(s).
We may also use your data for analysis purposes to get a better understanding your use of The Sproose Platform. This helps us better understand market trends and usability so we can improve The Sproose Platform and provider a better experience for all our customers.
Secondly, we will send you communications that we hope will be of interest to you. These might include newsletters, special offers, service updates, service notices and promotions. You give us consent (opt in) to these communications when you create and account with us. You can opt out of these communications at any time by;
- Clicking the Unsubscribe link in the footer of any promotional email.
- Responding to an email with the message body or subject line “STOP”.
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting cease of marketing communications.
- Uncheck the “I wish to receive special offers & promotional offers via email” in the account section of the app.
Our website uses “cookie” technology. A cookie is a small piece of text stored by the browser on your device, at the request of our server. A cookie enables a server to identify a device. This allows us to offer the best services possible to you by allowing us to recognize you as a unique user. Th cookie can also provide us with information about how you use our website. Cookies are commonly used on the Internet and do not harm your computer system.
Who we share your data with
We will never share your personal data with anyone except with the following groups:
- Your chosen service provider
Your service provider will need access to your data to fulfil their contract with you. ie: to make sure your order is collected, cleaned & returned as you requested.
Example: A Service Provider will need access to your Collection Address, so they know where to make the collection. Similarly, they will need access to your contact number or email address to contact you if there is a problem with the delivery or they cannot locate address.
- Third party software companies who assist in supporting our services
Primarily, these are offshore technology providers from whom we use to assist in our Services. This includes customer messaging platforms such as Intercom, customer CRMs such as HubSpot, and cloud hosting providers such as Amazon Web Services.
Example: We may use your information such as your email via Intercom to provide you with status updates or push notifications with information regarding your order.
- Third party contractors to the company
Primarily, these are third party agencies who assist in technical support for our Services. We have a separate agreement with these parties to ensure your data is moved, altered or used for anything outside of your consent or for anything without our knowledge.
- Legal bodies
We may share your information with any law enforcement or regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- Other parties where you consent to your information being shared
If you give us your explicit consent to share your information with another party.
Example: We may ask if we can share you contact info with a journalist, so they can contact you directly for a quote regarding your experience using our Services.
- Our staff
Only certain members of our team will have access to your data. These team members will have received training in relation to best practices and procedures regarding the processing of your data prior to access.
We will retain your personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need or interest to do so.
Example: We will retain your personal data while you have an account, so you can access our Services.
Example: We will retain your activity information so we can meet our legal, tax or accounting obligations and/or for auditing purposes.
If, having registered for any of our services, you do not use them for a reasonable time (which may vary depending on your usage) we may contact you to ensure you’re still happy to receive communications from us and/or have an account with us.
Your data rights
We will always respect your privacy & data protection rights.
Right to be informed
This policy best describes our data practices. Should you need any further clarification on our data practices, please email email@example.com
Right of access
We will provide you with the tools to access your personal information through your account. You may also request from us a Subject Access Request in which we can clarify the data we store about you and why we store it.
Right of data portability
Subject to an Access Request we will export all the data we have about you in electronic format, so you can review and re-use for whatever purposes you deem necessary.
Right of rectification
We will provide you with the tools to update / edit your personal information through your account, so it is currant and accurate.
Please note that it is your responsibility to check and ensure that all information or data you provide while using our Services is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading.
You may request the deletion of your personal information at any time. To do this, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications at any time. You can exercise this right by using the unsubscribe functionality in the communication you receive or by amending your profile accordingly.
You have the right to Delete your account at any time. You may also request the deletion of all your personal information at any time. To do this, simply email us at email@example.com.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Your data is held on secure servers hosted by Amazon Web Services and other cloud platforms. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
Sale of Business
By emailing at: firstname.lastname@example.org
By writing to us at:
Sproose Innovation Limited,
Unit 23, Guinness Enterprise Center,